Algebra 2 consists of many topics which are especially included for students who are weak in maths as they are quiet easy. The topics under Algebra 2 are:
1. Equations and inequalities which consist of many principles like:
Adding principle which says that if a = b, then a + c = b + c for any number c.
Multiplication principle says that if a = b, then a * c = b * c for any number c.
Here, we also deal with Fractions, decimals and if you are unaware with the term inequalities, then the problems containing <, >, <=, >= are called inequalities.
2. Graphs and Functions which includes,
finding slopes of lines, how to graph a Point and lines, functions which are Relations (usually equations) in which no two ordered pairs can have the same x-coordinate when they are graphed, parallel lines are the non-vertical lines having same slopes but different y-intercept and Perpendicular Lines are the non-vertical lines whose Slope product is -1.
3. Polynomials and Factorization which includes Combination of like terms, i.e. terms having same exponents or powers and
Sum of Cubes
A3 + B3 = (A + B)(A2 - AB + B2).
Difference of Cubes
A3 - B3 = (A - B)(A2 + AB + B2 ).
4. Fractional expressions.
5. Roots and powers which includes Square roots, cube roots, n- roots, rationalization of denominators, solving exponents etc.
6. Complex Numbers which includes imaginary numbers, complex numbers and equations including complex numbers and their Graphing.
7. Quadratic equation and Functions.
8. Coordinate Geometry which includes Circles, ellipse, hyperbolas and systems of equations etc.
9. Probability includes permutations, combinations, sigma and pi Notations etc.
11. Trigonometry and its identities.
12. Equations and Triangles which consist of many laws like sine law, cosine law and inverse of trigonometric ratios etc.
13. Exponential and logarithmic function.