We cannot draw a heptagon just by a compass and a straightedge.
So, we now discuss a very easy and useful method to learn about how to draw a heptagon.
Given below are the steps to draw a heptagon:
- Let us consider a circle of yellow color which has a center O.
- Then, the first step which we perform to learn about how to draw a heptagon is to find a point A which can be any random point existing on the circle.
- After this step, we find the point M which is the midpoint of the line segment OA.
- Then, we draw a line which is perpendicular through the point M. This perpendicular line intersects the circle with center O at the point B.
- After that we draw a circle by taking B as the center, such that this circle passes through the point M. This circle with center as B intersects the circle with center as O at two different points which happen to be the two points of the heptagon.
- Between these 2 points, there also exists another point of the heptagon which is the point B such that these three points are consecutive.
- With the help of these three points, we can find the remaining points of the heptagon to draw it.